Day 5 Summary:LEAKY GUT SYNDROME
Main Verse: Proverbs 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
Leaky Gut Syndrome: What Is It?
Think of the lining of your digestive tract like a net with extremely small holes in it that only allow specific substances to pass through. Your gut lining works as a barrier keeping out bigger particles that can damage your system.
“Leaky gut syndrome” is said to have symptoms including bloating, gas, cramps, food sensitivities, and aches and pains.
According to research, the cause of your food allergies, low energy, joint pain, thyroid disease, autoimmune conditions and slow metabolism could be leaky gut symptoms progression.
The diagram below shows the symptoms progression
There are four main causes of leaky gut which include
- Poor diet
- Chronic stress
- Toxin overload
- Bacterial imbalance
Other causes include
- Foods with large amounts lectins (wheat, rice, spelt and soy)
- Conventional cows milk is another food that can cause leaky gut
- Sugar is another substance that will wreak havoc on your digestive system
- Toxins mainly antibiotics, pesticides, tap water, aspirin and NSAIDS
Thank God there are steps that one can take to repair the gut
- REMOVE foods and factors that damage the gut
- REPLACE with healing foods
- REPAIR with specific supplements, example molasses
- REBALANCE with probiotics
Here are the four foods and supplements to heal your leaky gut.
- Fermented Vegetables (Sauerkraut, kimchi and kvass, torula yeast)
- All Coconut Products
- Sprouted Seeds (chia seeds, flaxseeds and hemp seeds that have been sprouted)